W.T. and Geana Fuller Family History
Written by: Linda F. Watson
In 1906 W. T. And Geana Bell Fuller came to Haleyville from Carrolton, Georgia. They came by train with the smaller children and their two oldest sons, Ed and Leon Fuller came by horse and wagons with the family belongings. They settled in Haleyville and W. T. Established a general merchandise and hardware store on 20th street. And in the middle 1920's several of his son's followed in his footsteps. In 1928, there were five Fullers in the grocer business on main street. W. T. and Wife Geana were the parents of sixteen children, four of whom died in infancy. Geana Fuller died in 1918 and W.T. Fuller remarried again to Betty Moore of Haleyville and they had two children, Lydell and William Newton Fuller.
W.T. & Geana Fuller
W.T. Fuller, in later years, with his daughters, Lydell, Eva, Ima, Ila, and Dessa