Lucinda Idella "Ida" Cates Pair Obituary
From the Winston Herald November 1948
Submitted by Judy Spaulding
Mrs. Ida Pair -- Buried Oct 31
Mrs. Ida Pair, 73-year old citizen of Houston, passed away at her residence on Saturday Oct 30, following a long illness. Funeral services were held on Sunday Oct 31, at New Home, with Rev. Willie Partridge officiating. Nichols Funeral Home directed interment at Pairs School House.
Surviving are one son, W. D. Pair of Cullman; three daughters, Mrs. Ruth Talley, Houston, Mrs. Katie Wilson, Birmingham, Mrs. Baldy Strain, Woodland, Ala., 20 grandchildren, 18 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild.
Additional Family History:
Lucinda Idella "Ida" CATES, born December 12, 1869 Jonesboro, Clayton CO, Georgia was 3rd child of 6 born to William David CATES (b. January 09, 1843 Jonesboro, Henry County, Georgia) and wife Mary Hulda TANNER (b. January 07, 1846 Henry County, Georgia), and Granddaughter to Romolus "Sanders" CATES and wife Lucinda E. REEVES.
On November 22, 1886 in Clayton County, Georgia, Ida married James Andrew PAIR, b. May 09, 1862 Carrolton, Henry Co, Georgia, son of Confederate soldier James C. PAIR (b. July 28, 1822 Georgia) and wife Malinda "Lindy" PHILLIPS.
James Andrew and Ida Pair had children:
1. William David PAIR, b. October 30, 1886 Alabama, married Mattie LITTLE
2. Ruth Hulda Pair, b. September 07, 1888, married Benjamin Franklin Talley
3. Birtha H. Pair, b. September 11, 1889.
4. Katie Alma Pair, b. January 06, 1893 married 1st Felix Terrell
Wilson, 2nd married Louis F. Draper, 3rd married Thomas Mayberry.
5. Vaudie LaVada Pair, b. February 02, 1898, married George Strain
6. Lonnie W. Pair, b. August 28, 1901, married 1st unknown, married 2nd Edna Hays, married 3rd Dora Key.
If you are related to this family, I would like to share family
information with you.
Judy Spaulding, granddaughter to Tinsey PAIR WATTS