Tuesday, March 21, 2017
The Winston County Genealogical Society met at the Winston County Archives in Double Springs.
- Minutes from the last meeting were read.
- Angela Barnett made a motion to approve the minutes as read.
- Pat Taylor seconded and the motion carried.
II. Treasurerís Report:
- Beginning Balance: $3,424.32
- Deposits: $424.81
- Checks: $387.65 ($295, Downs and Assoc., Taxes; $92.65, UPS Store, Newsletter Printing)
- Ending Balance: $3,461.48
III. Petty Cash Report:
- Beginning: $98.43
- Copies: $35.73
- Expenses: $95.45 (Mailing $2.45; Gas & Food for Auburn Trip $93)
- Ending: $38.73
IV. Old Business:
- Crooked Creek Cemetery was cleaned. Ronald and P.J. placed pipe markers at the Old Hood Cemetery.
- Treva and Dianne went to Auburn on March 10th for the acceptance award and was well-received.
V. New Business:
- Joan White Crittenden sent us a DVD of the 1890 reconstruction census for Tarrant County, TX.
- A one vehicle accident on March 7th left considerable damage at the Free State Barn historical landmark. Repair work was begun on March 21st.
- Dianne and Treva spoke at the Double Springs Study Club on March 14th. Treva was recognized as "Woman of Distinction of the Year" for 2017.
- Newsletters are out.
- Frost Reunion will be April 1st at noon at the Union Community Center near Pebble.
- Delores Brooks of the Birmingham Territory of the DAR spoke to us on the early history and beginnings of this DAR chapter. She told how she found out about the society through RootsWeb and the web site and her McKleroy connection. She then presented the Historic Preservation Recognition Award. She also mentioned that they are submitting us for a national award.
VII. Attendance: 19