Sardis Church #2, 1940s; courtesy of Robin Sterling
This was taken in front of the Sardis No. 2 Baptist Church on the far east side of the county. The men standing there are "Red Butler," pastor Willie Partridge, and Amos Butler. Willie Partridge was the pastor from 1943 to 1947, Buford Hightower was the pastor from 1947 - 1948, and Partridge was back from 1949 to 1951. Picture made in the 1940s.