Compiled by: Old minute record books & church land deed
Tavern School was a third grade one teacher school. It was a place of learning until 1929 when it consolidated with Addison School.
Tavern School sat on 5 acres of land located in what was then known as Tavern, Alabama. The land was purchased from L.B. Welborn in 1897 for $10.00 and was to be used for church, school, and graveyard. The Tavern area is now known as Inmanfield, Alabama.
The old building which was used for the church and school is now gone, but another church was built beside the graveyard, which is near the old school house site.
The Inmanfield Church and the original graveyard still overlook the old church and school house site.